Dog Care Support for Seniors
Our goal is to enable older adults, living at home and with challenges affecting dog care, to continue to benefit from their relationship with their canine companions. With the help of our volunteers, ElderDog provides a range of assistance and support, including:
- Assisting seniors with exercising their dogs
- Delivering or picking up dog food from a grocery or pet store
- Providing light tasks associated with animal hygiene
- Grooming such as nail clipping or help with brushing
- Transportation to and from vet or groomer
- Temporary care during hospitalization
Old age means realizing you will never own all the dogs you wanted to.Joe Gores
ElderDog volunteers visit seniors at home and help with basic dog care activities.
ElderDog volunteers wear approved photo IDs and have completed criminal record checks.
There are no fees for our services.
If you or someone you know needs assistance through our Dog Care Support for Seniors Program, please contact us.